During my working career, I have contributed as (co-) author and editor to many different (scientific) publications and reports. First, as PhD student and senior scientist at Utrecht University, and later, as research consultant.
If not available via Internet, please send me an e-mail for request if you would like to receive a copy of one of them.
- Key pointers for an ambitious EU deforestation-free action plan (2019).
van Dam, J., van den Hombergh, H., Hoefsloot., H. and Jezeer, R. March 2019, Policy Brief. Wageningen, the Netherlands: Tropenbos International and IUCN NL
- Mainstreaming forests where they matter most. Key pointers for Dutch international policy for forests: A review of related processes and developments.
van Dam, J. (2019), Tropenbos International: Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Setting the biodiversity bar for palm oil certification: assessing the rigor of biodiversity and assurance requirements of palm oil standards (2019)
authored by Bas Tinhout and Heleen van den Hombergh, IUCN Netherlands, with benchmark inputs and expert advice from Jinke van Dam Consultancy and Proforest.
- An analysis of existing laws on forest protection in the main soy producing countries in Latin America (2019)
By Jinke van Dam, Heleen van den Hombergh, Marianne Hilders. An IUCN NL publication. February 2019
- The charcoal transition: greening the charcoal value chain to mitigate climate change and improve local livelihoods (2017)
By J. van Dam. Rome, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Toward a harmonization of national sustainability requirements and criteria for solid biomass (2017)
Thuy Mai‐Moulin, Simon Armstrong, Jinke van Dam, Martin Junginger, In: BIOFPR, 09 November 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/bbb.1822
- Legal Harvesting, Sustainable Sourcing and Cascaded Use of Wood for Bioenergy: Their Coverage through Existing Certification Frameworks for Sustainable Forest Management (2014)
Richard Sikkema, Martin Junginger, Jinke van Dam, Andre Faaij et al, September 2014, Forests 5(9):2163-2211, DOI: 10.3390/f5092163
- EUBIONET III—Solutions to biomass trade and market barriers (2012)
Alakangas, E., Junginger, M., van Dam, J. et al, (2012), EUBIONET III, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16(6):4277–4290, DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2012.03.051
- Spatial variation of environmental impacts of regional biomass chains (2012)
F. van der Hilst, J.P. Lesschen and J.M.C. van Dam et al, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 16, Issue 4, May 2012, Pages 2053-2069
- Enhancing the trade of legally produced timber: A guide to initiatives (2011)
Jinke van Dam and Herman Savenije, may, 2011 Tropenbos International, Wageningen, the Netherlands. xi + 48 pp / CD Annex1. ISBN: 978-90-5113-096-6
- Opportunities and barriers for international bioenergy trade (2011)
Junginger M., Dam J. van, S. Zarrilli, et al, Journal of Energy Policy, Volume 39, Issue 4, April 2011, Pages 2028-2042
- Striving to further harmonization of sustainability criteria for bioenergy in Europe: recommendations from a stakeholder questionnaire (2011)
Dam J. van, Junginger M., Energy Policy, Volume 39, Issue 7, July 2011, Pages 4051-4066
- From the global efforts on certification of bioenergy towards an integrated approach based on sustainable land use planning (2010)
Dam J. van, Junginger M., Faaij A., Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 14, Issue 9, December 2010
- Chainsaw milling: supplier to local markets (2010)
Wit, Marieke and Jinke van Dam (eds.). ETFRN News, Tropenbos international, Wageningen, the Netherlands. xxii + 226 pp.
- Potential, spatial distribution and economic performance of regional biomass chains: The North of the Netherlands as example (2010)
Van der Hilst, F., Dornburg, V., Sanders, J.P.M., Elbersen, B., Graves, A., Turkenburg, W.C., Elbersen, H.W., van Dam, J.M.C., Faaij, A.P.C, Agricultural Systems. Volume 103, Issue 7, September 2010, Pages 403-417
- Global socio-economic impact assessment of biofuel and bioproduct chains (2010)
Rutz D., Dam J. van, Janssen R., et al, presented at the International Bioenergy Conference in Lyon (France)
- A unified methodology and tool to evaluate greenhouse gas balances and cost-effectiveness of various biomass energy systems (2010)
Dam J. van, A.P.C. Faaij, L. Gustavsson, W.C. Turkenburg, January 2010, Climate Change
- Sustainability of bioenergy chains: the result is in the details (2009)
PhD thesis by J. van Dam. Promotor: A.P.C. Faaij, Co-promotor: W.C. Turkenburg, Copernicus Institute, Utrecht University, May 2009, p. 395
- Large-scale bioenergy production from soybeans and switchgrass in Argentina Part B: Environmental and socio-economic impacts on a regional level (2009)
Dam J. van, A.P.C. Faaij, J. Hilbert, H. Petruzzi, W.C. Turkenburg, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 13, Issue 8, October 2009, Pages 1679-1709
- Large-scale bioenergy production from soybeans and switchgrass in Argentina Part A: potential and economic feasibility for national and international markets (2009)
Dam J. van, A.P.C. Faaij, J. Hilbert, H. Petruzzi, W.C. Turkenburg, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 13, Issue 8, October 2009, Pages 1710-1733
- Options of biofuel trade from Central and Eastern to Western European countries (2009)
Dam J. van, A.P.C. Faaij, I. Lewandowski and B. Van Zeebroeck, Biomass and Bioenergy, 33 (4), April 2009, p. 728-744.
- Overview of recent developments in sustainable biomass certification (2008)
Dam J. van, M. Junginger, A. Faaij, I. Jürgens, G. Beste, U. Fritsche, Biomass and Bioenergy, 32 (8), August 2008, p. 749-780
- Biomass production potentials in Central and Eastern Europe under different scenarios (2007)
Dam, J. van, A. Faaij, I. M. Lewandowski, Biomass and Bioenergy, 31 (6), p.345-366, June 2007.
- Bottom-up Methodologies for Assessing Technical and Economic Bioenergy Production Potential (2006)
Smeets, E.M.W., J. van Dam, A.P.C. Faaij and I.M. Lewandowski, in: Brouwer, F. and B.A. McCarl (Eds.), Agriculture and Climate Beyond 2015. A New Perspective on Future Land Use Patterns, Dordrecht, the Netherlands, pp. 147-170.
- Regional biomass potential assessment in Eastern European Accession Countries (2004)
Dam, J., Lewandowski, I., Faaij, A.P.C., Weger, J., Rogulska, M et al., in: Proceedings of the International Workshop on: Integrated assessment of the land system: The future of land use, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 28-30 October 2004